What are Design Patterns?
Design patterns are general solutions found by experienced object-oriented developers to commonly occurring problem in software development.
You might have faced some issues and then tried to solve the problems by writing program or class which can help to solve your issue. That might be perfect solution, but it may not be efficient or perfect. So many experts faced issues in their experience and they also solved the issue and common solutions are found for general problems are discovered those are efficient, scalable and complete. They were called design patterns.
Characteristics of Design Patterns
- hey are language independent. In any language, they can be implemented.
- They can be modified as they are open to improve.
- They are dynamic, scalable, generic and complete solutions
Benefits of Design Patterns
- Reusability in multiple projects
- No worries using them as they are tested since very long time by experienced developers and experts
- Dependable and reliable to use in the project
Main categories of Design Patterns
- Structural - How objects and classes are combined to reform a larger structure
Ex - SingleTon, Factory
- Creational - How objects are getting created.
Ex - Façade
- Behavioral - How object's interaction happens.
Ex - Observer
Following points will help us to understand Design patterns.
- Type of pattern
I hope you will understand all the patterns very well and enjoy as well. In next article, we will learn first Creational type pattern SingleTon pattern.