What is skeleton?
This is starting point in which few basic functionalities are already implemented and anyone can use this to take it further according to your project's requirement. That means initial efforts can be saved by this any skeleton.
Which technologies are included in this skeleton?
Following technologies are included,
Python3- programming language
Django 1.10- Web application framework
Django rest framework- Framework to implement REST APIs supported to Django
PostgreSQL- Database server
Features included in this skeleton
- Django Rest Framework, Materialize UI framework and bootstrap is integrated for User interface. However this is for just to show a way how anyone can setup user interface for OPA (One Page Application) with Django framework and AngularJS.
- Admin interface is also made over by Material Design. You can change the color theme by changing configuration in settings.py of project.
Custom user model and manager with supporting permission and group both. Following APIs are implemented using Session Authentication.
- Log in
- Log out
- Register User
- List of users
- Update user
- Delete user.
Download code from Github
- Download zip using
- Unzip and change directory to that folder
- Replace "skeleton" name by your project code name.
- Delete .git folder to detach from this public repository
Setup your_project to start
1. Download following Linux dependencies
- PostgreSQL-server (find appropriate version and change the version number)
sudo apt install -y python3-dev python-virtualenv python-pip nodejs npm PostgreSQL-9.5
2. Create and activate python virtualenv
virtualenv venv -p /usr/bin/python3.5 . source ./venv/bin/activate
3. Install python packages using requirements
pip install -r requirements.txt
4. Install angular components
sudo ln -sf /usr/bin/nodejs /usr/bin/node sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/node sudo npm install -g bower bower install
5. Setup Database
sudo su postgres createuser your_project --superuser createdb your_project -o your_project psql your_project \password your_project
CTRL + D
CTRL + D
Note - Password you must enter "your_project123". However you can set any password but if you do then before proceeding to next step you have to change password in to settings.py of project.
6. Migrate Database schmea
python manage.py migrate
7. Run server
python manage.py runserver
I hope you find your initial requirements fulfilled in this skeleton. If you get any kind of error or difficulty please post your query in below comment section.